Thursday 8 April 2010

Hello from Rob

I've got a lovely work experience student helping me out this week, and today he's going to do a guest post while I put my feet up and have a cuppa! Enjoy :)

-------

Hello everyone! My name is Rob Jones, I'm on my second year of illustration at the University of Gloucestershire and I have recently been getting work experience in the world of crafts! I've already been at Stuffed Nonsense with Bex and El, who make really nice toys and were very kind for letting me get in the way in their shop for a couple of days!

And now for the last two days I have been working with Laura , I have learnt so much about crafts in this time by annoying her with my many many questions and helping out where I can, Laura runs an amazing business and is also a very busy person so I would like to thank her for taking the time to help me over the last two days :)


The animals that have been posted are my first attempt at handstitching toys, they are pretty much the starting point of my final major project which is going to be based on British eccentricity, they are also helping towards my first stop motion animation which is a very scary thought!

Anyway.. all of my development will be on my blog at some point soon so I look forward to any comments if anyone finds it interesting :) - rob

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the world of craft!
I did illustration too and look where it got me!

Annie Rose said...

Hello Rob!

Yes, welcome to wide world of crafts! It's consuming, so beware. Can't wait to see more of your work. Following your blog now, too.

Best of luck!

Em said...

Wow, they look really good.
I shall follow your blog..x

SarahLP said...

Wow, I'd love to be doing what you're doing! Wishing you the very best of luck with your studies and for the future.. lovely stitching by the way!

Three Owls said...

those toys are really great, love the pipe! I am curious about the stop animation.... will check out your blog. Enjoy all these amazing people and opportunities.

Ampersand Commodities said...

hehehe, im sure that the crafty tips that laura can give you will help you well onto your way!!looking forward to the machine sewed creations!!

Tumus said...

hi there! I love the green and white bear. Stop animation is a real challenge but very rewarding!! Good luck with your future projects :)