Thursday 29 April 2010

Dahlia love

Two blog posts in one day! What madness.

I'd meant to sign off from the internet after my last post, and then I discovered this totally gorgeous tutorial for a dahlia corsage via Twitter...

(Photo by Megan Reardon)

... and felt compelled to make one immediately!

I stitched my flower instead of glueing it, and used quite a soft piece of felt (one of the 30% wool blend colours I sell in my shops) and it ended up a little lopsided / adapted from the original but I'm still rather in love with it. I'll definitely be revisiting the tutorial for future birthday gifts.

10 comments:

Giuliedda said...

Enchanting!

Urška said...

soo cute! i'll do that too :):)

Ruby Reloved said...

Having a go now! Thanks for the link xx

Shannon said...

Gorgeous... so many perfect petals, it looks so involved!

English robbery said...

hello lupin,I just purchased through your ETSY squares of felt, how nice can not wait to get to work! I hope I wrote everything right so that you can understand ... . you know, I'm Italian, I write it with the translator online ^_^
Thankssssssssssss .....

Lynne said...

Wow, that is fantastic, thanks for the link. Lynne x

Unknown said...

your dahlia is so pretty! what lopsided?

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love it! I'm so going to be making myself one of those...

chiara said...

Very beauty! I try it.
Thanks for link!

Ana said...

I love the colour you chose. This type of fabric flower always reminds me of Japanese Kanzashi. I had a link to a YouTube how-to but it's been taken off the site, so have a look at these instead - beautiful and inspiring http://www.flickr.com/photos/36265175@N06/sets/72157615103148756/ I'm sure you could make felt versions too.