Saturday 9 May 2009

Mini Sampler Brooches

Quite often I get started on a project, get absorbed with thinking about colours and shapes and design details, and then something happens to distract me and it ends up languishing in one of my "in progress" boxes for weeks or even months.

Yesterday I turned my attention to one of these abandoned projects (started in February) - cross stitch sampler brooches!I knew I wanted to have the needlework "framed" with matching felt but wasn't sure quite how I wanted it to look until yesterday when I suddenly thought: ooh, frilly edges, I wonder...
These are still at the prototype stage and the frills especially need a bit of tweaking but oh what fun it is experimenting! The teal version of "make do and mend" is probably my favourite thus far:

9 comments:

Conversation Pieces said...

Wow, that's weird – I'm in the middle of drafting a wee post on samplers... will be including yours now :)

Josie said...

I am SO in love with the purple make do and mend!

Anonymous said...

These are AMAZING! I love them. So glad you got round to working on them again :)

The Dotty One said...

These are sooo cute - such an effective idea. Love it :o)

Swirlyarts said...

LOVE the book nerd one!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. As your blog is so fab, I've decided to give you a Lemonade Award :)

Come view on my blog, congrats! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Lupin, how you toy with my emotions. You've fairly stolen my heart with that book nerd brooch.

Irene said...

I am soo ready to buy a bunch of those!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

cool brooches!
i have stacks of aida left from my long discarded cross stitch addiction!