Sunday 14 September 2008

Getting the Giggles

Last night (Crafting 365 day 358 - getting close now!) I worked on a big batch of masks from my wip box and those crowns...
... I finished the crowns, a bandit and a bear mask, and new camouflage and leopard masks (made with fun printed felt) and stitched lots of ear details on other masks ready for when I buy more elastic (the woman who runs my local haberdashery stall looks at me very strangely whenever I go in and say "Hi, can I have another 20 metres of elastic please?" but she's never asked what it's for and to be honest I'm a bit afraid to tell her).

It was great to finish the crowns especially. Everyone I've mentioned them to has said "oh, you mean for little girls?" and the elastic at the back can be easily adjusted with a bit of easy sewing to fit small heads but really I meant them for not-quite-grown-ups like me: such fun for costume parties and birthday laughs. I couldn't even keep a straight face while trying to take pictures of them this morning...

...trying hard not to laugh...
... then totally failing ...
... I had to give up in the end! I'll try another day and think more serious thoughts next time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to think about dry political debates or something like that!

I love things for not-quite-grown-ups so three cheers for you!

~Holly
Two Cheese Please

Anonymous said...

ooo - now i want a crown too! i once went shopping wearing a headband with two pink stars attached by pipecleaners to the headband so that they wobbled around - it made a weekly chore much more enjoyable!

i'm going to have to make myself a crown now for doing the dishes in - maybe it will make me feel more inclined to keep the house tidy if i can look silly while doing it.

happy sewing!

Jenny S said...

Hooray for the not-quite-grown-ups!!
xo